Friday, January 3, 2014

Top Three Musical Theater Obsessions

Ideally these Top Three Musical Theater Obsessions would be academy-wide, but I feel like what I have put together is more from my perspective, along with that of a few other people who I happen to associate with on a regular basis. So take this with a grain of salt. But anyway, with that in mind, this semester has had a pretty clear top three show/song obsessions among Musical Theater kids here at PHS.

  "Run Away With Me" from The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown.

Bare: a Pop Opera (all of the versions, but particularly the one with Matt Doyle)


Spring Awakening. 

While these are not my personal top three favorite things ever in the whole world, I think that they have had a lot of impact on the kids in our academy. The influence that these three things have had on the way I look at theater, and everything else, is definitely going to stick with me for years to come.



1 comment: